The Taguig City Police chief denied receiving any official report or blotter report on the mauling incident involving actor and TV host Vhong Navarro.
In an interview with DZMM on Sunday, Taguig City Police Chief Senior Superintendent Felix Asis explained that it is possible that the group involved in the incident went to a different police station, where they filed the blotter.
"Wala pa po kaming natatanggap na official report. Wala pa rin pong blotter report na nakarating sa amin," he said.
Asis added that they have already started investigating the case based on the information they have gathered from different news sources.
"Aalamin din po natin kung saang presinto sila lumapit at dun kami magbabase ng imbestigasyon," he said.
Asis also said they tried talking to Navarro to get his side, but were informed that the actor was not yet ready for an interview.
"Kailangang makausap siya para mabigyang linaw 'yung allegations. Sa ngayon naka-focus lang kami sa mauling incident," he added.
In an interview with "Buzz ng Bayan" earlier Sunday, Navarro broke his silence after he was reportedly attacked by a group of men inside a condominium unit in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig last week.
He also named two people involved in the incident.
According to Asis, they will investigate the people mentioned by Navarro. If proven guilty, those involved will face charges of physical injury and extortion.